According to Article 19 of the “Act for Establishment and Administration of Science Parks,” In principle, transferred private factory buildings in the park shall only be utilized by park enterprises or research organizations that have been officially approved for establishment.
Park bureaus may expropriate private factories and relevant buildings at market price under any of the following conditions:
Park bureaus may expropriate private factories and relevant buildings at market price under any of the following conditions:
- The factories and relevant buildings are not used by an organization that has been approved for establishment.
- The factories and relevant buildings are not properly used.
- The factories and relevant buildings are offered for sale at exorbitant prices.
- The factories and relevant buildings are used by park enterprises that have been ordered to move out of the park under the provisions of Article 11 of this Act.
When private factories and relevant buildings are expropriated in accordance with the provisions prescribed in the preceding paragraph, park bureaus may require the owners thereof to evacuate all materials stored in the buildings by notices or remove such materials to other places for storage on behalf of the owners. The owners shall bear the cost thereof and be responsible for whatever damages caused by removals.
The regulations governing expropriation at cost of afore-mentioned private factories and relevant buildings shall be prescribed by the competent authority through consultation with relevant authorities.
Procedure for ownership transfer of self-built factory buildings: Please comply with Article 18 of the “Land Leasing Agreement” and submit the transfer documents and list the party in the transfer and the amount to the STSPB for approval.
The STSPB has a 24-hour hot line for repair and maintenance services for factory buildings and dormitories (Tainan Science Park at 886-6-5052772 and Kaohsiung Science Park at 886-7-6955242). Park enterprises can also fill out a request form to inform of the repairing and maintenance services. The STSPB will conduct an on-site investigation with the Park tenant within one day after receiving the request. Once the repair and maintenance services are completed, the STSPB will follow up to ensure that the work was done properly.
- At present, the STSPB uses the iTaiwan platform to provide public wireless broadband on-line services in public areas (hereinafter referred to as “Hot Spots”).Through this platform services website (https://itaiwan.gov.tw/index.php), services of searching for hot spots and user’s instructions are available. There are 10 hot spots at the STSP in total, 7 of them at TSP and 3 of them at KSP, including the STSPB Administration Service Building, Press Room on 2F, Reception Area on 3F, 301 Meeting Room on 3F, 401 Meeting Room on 4F, 501 Meeting Room on 5F, 601 Meeting Room on 6F, as well as Lobby of KSP Administration Service Building, 401 Meeting Room on 4F, and the Single Dormitory 1F at KSP.
- The STSPB additionally provides Free-STSP WiFi and users do not need to apply for an account to enjoy free WiFi connection services. At present, there are 29 hot spots of Free-STSP WiFi at the STSP in total, 19 at TSP and 10 at KSP respectively. They are at the south side square of the Administration Building at TSP, the lobby on Floor 1, the Auditorium on Floor 1, Meeting Room 201 on Floor 2, office areas on Floors 3, 4, 5, and 6, Meeting Room 701 on Floor 7, the STSP Employee Cafeteria, Floor 1 of STSP’s Business Suite, Floor 1 of Park 17 Life Style Center (dining area), Floor 2 of Park 17 Life Style Center (Start-up Workshop), the outdoor area of Park 17 Life Style Center, the STSP Clinic, the surrounding area of Mega International Commercial Bank, Life Hub (Hallway on Floor 1, 2, and 3 and outdoor sqaure), dormitory area (the lobby on Floor 1 of Building E of Huayuan Phase II, the outdoor recreation area of Xinyuan Phase I, the Meeting Room on Floor 1 of Xinyuan Phase II, and the Meeting Room on Floor 1 of Puyuan Phase II), the Wellness Center STSP(counter of the swimming pool on Floor 1), Yingxi Lake (nearby parking lot on the northern side of Huandong 1st Rd.) as well as the lobby on Floor 1 of Administration Building, the Hallway on Floor 2, Meeting Room 401 and 403 on Floor 4, the northern side of the office area on Floors 5 and 6, the International Conference Room (at the entrance and inside the Administration Building), the Lounge on Floor 1 of the Single Dormitory, the dining area on B1 of the Phase I Standard Factory, and the Medical Device Exhibition Room of the Phase II Standard Factory in KSP.
- iTaiwan WiFi: Please call our toll free hot line at 0800-081-051 or email to email@example.com.
- Free-STSP WiFi: Please call our toll free hot line at 0800-378-588.
To promote the innovation and the transformation of the Park Industry, STSPB has set up a Start-up Workshop, an AI_Robot Maker Space and Accelerator with the following description:
- Start-up Workshop: Located on the second and fifth floor of Park 17 Life Style Center at TSP, the Workshop was established to provide business startup counseling services including development of business model, technical consultation, fund matching, and counseling on participation of relevant start-up programs and incorporation advices.
- AI_Robot Maker Space: Located on the 4th floor of Park 17 Life Style Center at TSP, the Space provides startups and enterprises technological assistance, consultation platform that can offer diversified and customized technology solution advices, professional training courses, facility and space rental, technology consultation, and matching between startups and enterprises inside and out of the Park, professional backup teams, software and hardware facilities, and designated licensing services.
Please refer to Article 8 and 9 of (the Soil and Ground Water Remediation Act
for business types that are required to conduct assessment investigation (Type 30); if actual operations meet with the manufacturing process of announced business types, the assessment investigation of soil pollution shall be conducted (Announced business types made by Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) are listed in the PDF
According to the required procedures for assessment investigation of soil pollution, there are two types of investigations:
- For those who are able to apply for the exemption of soil investigation (for operation sites all located at the basement level or Floor 2 and up), the approximate time to complete declaration and to acquire an assessment permit is about one to two months.
- For general soil investigation operations, it will take about three to six months plus about two to three months to be reviewed by the EPA (times may vary according to actual operations proceeded by local environmental bureaus and the conditions of document supplements), for a duration of about five to nine months.
If soil investigation operations are required according to Article 9 of the Soil and Groundwater Pollution Remediation, suggestions are as follows:
- Inform the STSPB before sampling for assistance purposes;
- Inspection institutions shall be equipped with quick screening equipment (XRF, FID, and PID) for on-site screening.
Enterprises shall regularly convene their labor-management meetings according to Article 83 of the Labor Standard Act. Please refer to Regulations for Implementing Labor-Management Meeting for relevant items regarding the number of labor and management representatives and elections for labor representatives, as well as relevant rules governing the terms of appointment, meeting scope, and the time and occasion to convene the meeting, or contact the Labor Relations Section, Environment & Labor Affairs Division of the STSPB for more labor-management information (06-5051001 ext. 2303, Mr. Shi).
- The application should be filed according to “Points Governing the Management of Public Road Work Construction and Pipeline Work of Southern Taiwan Science Park.”
- Applicants should log into the STSP GIS to access an on-line application and required documents. After filling, mail the application to the STSPB for official review.
- For first time applicants, please first contact the designated personnel of the TSP at 886-6-5051001 ext. 6615 for Mr. Yang or 2570 for Ms. Shao; for the KSP, please call 07-6075545 ext. 7134 for Ms. Yen or 7137 for Mr. Han).
- For operation and relevant documents, please refer to the STSP GIS of STSP Public Pipelines.
KSP, Ciaotou Science Park, Pingtung Science Park, and Chiayi Science Park are administered by the STSPB. For information about development status and application procedure, please contact the senior secretary of Investment Services Division of STSPB, Mr. Tseng at (06)5051001#2329..
Tainan Science Park
Directions to STSP’s Tainan Science Park :
- By car
- From National Highways (Southbound)
Exit National Highway #1 at the “Anding” Interchange (311 Km) → Take County Highway #178 (to “Shanhua”) → then make a right turn onto Nanke N. Rd. in the Tainan Science Park.
Exit National Highway No.1 at the “Tainan” Interchange (315 Km) →Take National Highway No.8 (to Xinhua)→ Take Sinshih Interchange →Drive on the link-up route of STSP to Xingangshe Blvd. → Enter Nanke S. Rd. and turn left to cross Red Bridge to enter TSP.
Exit National Highway #3 at the “Shanhua” Interchange (340 Km)→ Take County Highway #178 ( towards Anding) and turn left to take Taiwan Provincial Highway #1 and connect Xilaya Blvd. Turn right to enter TSP.
Exit National Highway No.3 at the “Xinhua” Interchange (346 Km) →Take National Highway No.8 (to Tainan) →Exit at the Sinshih Interchange and then go to Xingangshe Blvd. → Enter Nanke S. Rd. and turn left to cross Red Bridge to enter TSP.
- From National Highways (Northbound)
Exit National Highway No.1 at the “Tainan” Interchange (315 Km) →Take National Highway No.8 (to Xinhua) → Take the Sinshih Interchange and then go to Xingangshe Blvd. and turn left to cross Red Bridge to enter TSP.
Exit National Highway No.3 at the “Xinhua” Interchange (346 Km) →Take National Highway No.8 to Tainan → Drive to the Sinshih Interchange Exit and then go to Xingangshe Blvd. and turn left to cross Red Bridge to enter TSP.
- From the Provincial Highway No.1 (Northbound)
From Tainan to Sinshih, go straight and then on the Overpass of National Highway No.8 make a left turn, to Xingangshe Blvd. and turn left to cross Red Bridge to enter TSP.
- From the Provincial Highway #1 (Southbound)
From Shanghua to Sinshih, drive southbound to Xilaya Blvd. and then turn right to enter TSP.
- By Mass Transit (Taiwan Railways, Tainan City Bus and Public Bike)
- Tainan City Bus
Going to STSP: Take the Green 1 in downtown Tainan to “Yingxi Lake, Incubation Center, Park 17 Life Style Center, STSP Dorms, Siraya Park, InnoLux Fab 5, TSMC, TSMC Fab14 and Delta”; Green No.2 to NNKIEH Station”; Green No.3 to “Lakeshore House, InnoLux Fab 2 and 3, Siraya Park, and NNKIEH Station”; Orange 12 to “NNKIEH Station”; or Orange 14 to “Lakeshore House, TSMC(ChipMos), InnoLux Fab 5, Park 17 Life Style Center, and NNKIEH” and then take STSP shuttle bus to TSP.
Leaving STSP: Take the returning bus at a stop on the opposite side from where you got off.
- At Taiwan Railway’s Nanke Train Station and Shanghua Train Station
At Nanke Train Station: Exit on the western side and turn right to walk to the bridge and then take a STSP shuttle bus to TSP. For the return journey, before 17:00, please take the bus at the stop where you get off to Park 17 Life Style Center Station. Transit to the shuttle bus heading for Nanke Train. After 17:00, wait for the shuttle bus at the stop on the opposite side from where you get off to go to Nanke Train Station.
At Shanghua Train Station: Go straight after exiting the Station and take the STSP’s Shanghua Line shuttle bus to TSP. Shuttle bus services are only available during rush hours. At off-peak hours, please take a shuttle bus to Nanke Train Station and then take an STSP shuttle bus to TSP; for a returning journey after 17:00, please wait for a shuttle bus at the stop on the opposite side from where you get off to Shanghua Train Station.
- Relevant links are shown below:
- THSR Tainan Station
- By Taiwan Railways: Take Taiwan Railway’s Shalun Line to “Nanke Train Station” or “Shanghua Train Station.”
- By free STSP shuttle bus:
- Exit from THSR Tainan Station and take Exit 2 at lobby on ground floor. Go to Bus Platform 6 to ride on the THSR Line of the STSP shuttle bus to TSP.
- When leaving from TSP, take the STSP Shuttle Bus- THSR Line at stops “Park 17 Life Style Center” or “Incubation Center”; or use the drts services to return to “Park 17 Life Style Center” to transit to the THSR
- By taxi: Take a taxi to TSP.
- Relevant link: Timetable of THSR
For detailed traffic information please go to the STSPB website: Get to knowSTSP/Traffic Information/TSP.